The Cheney Building was constructed 1875-1876 for the Cheney Brothers silk manufacturers in Manchester, Connecticut. It was originally a multipurpose structure with five small shops on the ground floor, and offices and apartments above. For many years it housed Brown Thomson's department store, and later the G. Fox and Company. As of 2007 it has been renamed the Richardson Building, and is now a residence hotel, offices, stores, restaurants, and rehearsal space for The Hartford Stage Company.
The above leaded glass window and two metal signs remain from the Brown Thomson & Co. Department store on the corner of Main and Temple Streets.